Your gift will help CPP students through the COVID-19 crisis and ensure they have the resources to continue their education regardless of unforeseen hardships.
While the Poly Pantry, located in the Bronco Student Center, is temporarily closed in adherence to social distancing guidelines, our integrated care network is still working closely with students to assess needs and provide community-based food resources.
Supporting the basic needs of our students, during the global health crisis will require scaling our capacity to provide essential services as we prepare for the return of our ability to serve those in high need.
Your contribution enables the Poly Pantry to continue providing food and hygiene supplies to students experiencing food, housing and financial insecurity, due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The Broncos Care Basic Needs Program is dedicated to supporting students in need, and that need has never been greater than it is right now. Throughout the year, CPP students count on this program for food resources, housing support, emergency funds, care coordination, and case-management support; all of which play a critical role in a student’s academic success, health and well-being.
Please help us unlock a $5,000 gift for the Poly Pantry, by helping us reach our goal of 25 gifts, a challenge from alumna Ginny Mendes ’86.
Your gift’s impact at the Poly Pantry:
- A $25 donation is the equivalent of providing 15 microwaveable meals, making a nutritional lunch attainable to students without access to a full kitchen.
- A $10 gift is the equivalent of providing one student with a personal hygiene kit, which may include toiletries, feminine hygiene products, bath soap, and shampoo.
At this moment, the Broncos Care Basic Needs Program is prepared to deploy emergency grants of up to $500 each to students facing unexpected hardships such as:
- Medical expenses
- Expenses related to traveling home
- Housing and food insecurity
- Other unforeseen financial expenses
In addition to emergency grants, funding given to the Broncos Care program will also support:
- 7-14 day emergency housing through University Housing Services
- 7-14 day hotel vouchers for students with families facing housing insecurity
- $50 meal cards that can be used at campus locations which are remaining open such as the Vista Market
- Access to virtual care coordination with Bronco Care Program staff and a team of CalFresh Student Ambassadors working remotely
- Linkage to Counseling and Psychological Services for telehealth (virtual mental health counseling via Zoom)
Our students may be facing hardships during this once-in-a-generation crisis, but now is the time for the Bronco Family to come together and live our values of inclusiveness and success for all our students.
Your gift of any amount will help our students weather this storm and ensure they have the resources to continue their education regardless of their circumstances.
If you are a CPP student and wish to apply for emergency grant funding, you can do so here. For other Broncos Care services, please submit the Basic Needs Intake Form, which can be found here.
The Basic Needs Program has put together a document of over 50 resources that students are able to access both on campus and in the community, which can be found here.