SOCIETY OF WOMEN ENGINEERS
"Unity not Uniformity"
All students are welcome to participate in SWE!
SWE supports women and gendered minorities to achieve their full potential in careers as engineers and leaders, expand the image of the engineering profession as a positive force for improving the quality of life and demonstrating the value of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
REQUEST FOR SUPPORT. SWE requests funding to sponsor our members' attendance at the national Society of Women Engineers Conference SWE where they participate in career fairs and leadership workshops. SWE will use funds for members' travel expenses and lodging.
Cal Poly Pomona SWE is entirely student-led. We host:
- General Body meetings every other week with industry representatives;
- Chapter membership is free, while SWE national membership has a fee;
- Peer Mentoring and Socials;
- Annual national WE Conference for SWE members;
- ACCESS program for community college outreach;
- YES program for K-12 youth outreach;
- Professional development workshops with other student organizations;
- “Evening With Industry” networking with industry representatives;
- Discord channel for 24/7 communication with students.