“Education offers the greatest opportunity for really improving one generation over another.” -W.K. Kellogg
In 1925, cereal mogul W.K. Kellogg, purchased a ranch in Southern California’s Pomona Valley with the intention of breeding the finest Arabians in North America. In 1926, he started the Sunday Shows at his ranch, an all-day show that attracted many and helped foster the popularity of the Arabian horse.
As much as Mr. Kellogg loved his Arabians, his true passion was philanthropy. In 1932, he donated his expanded property and horses to the state of California which in turn eventually became Cal Poly Pomona.
Encompassing 55 acres on the campus of Cal Poly Pomona, today the W.K. Kellogg Arabian Horse Center includes 35 acres of irrigated pasture, four barns, two foaling stalls with an observation room, three open air unroofed arenas, a farrier shop, caretaker residence, and administrative offices. The facilities are designed not only to support horses, staff, and students but also to welcome and educate the local community.
The W.K. Kellogg Arabian Horse Center is a celebration of both the past and future of Cal Poly Pomona. Your investment in this legacy program through the W.K. Kellogg Arabian Horse Center Excellence Fund provides a pool of immediately accessible resources to underwrite critical priorities and seize emerging opportunities to care for these beautiful animals. A contribution of any size will help continue W.K. Kellogg's vision of engaging and educating the community about the beloved Arabian horse.